Saturday, October 2, 2010

What to do ?

I was talking to someone this morning and she said that she didn't use spinach and that it was going to be thrown out.

Come on girls use your imaginations and use up all your stuff.

So I thought I would give you a little kick start to what you could do with some of your stuff.

Spinach - if nothing else chop it up and steam it and freeze it for when you do need it. Don't waste it.You can make a Quiche, Spinach pie, add it to most casseroles ( the kids won't taste it, or fry it in a little butter add cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and poach an egg and you have the mostest breakfast.

Cauliflower - I have the best cauliflowet salad

250 gm cauli
125gm button mushrooms sliced
1 large avacado
and 1/2 cup of sliced almonds or pine nuts.
Dressing :- 4 tablspoons mayonaise
4 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice and a clove of garlic

Cook the cauli for 2 mins and cool. Then make up the dressings.Add the rest of the ingredients and stir through the dressing

It is so easy.

Fennel - slice up finely and toss in salad
Rocket fennel and orange salad
or have it with lemon vinegarette and shaved parmesan

Just go onto the links in the top right hand side of this page and you just type in any food you have and you will get heaps of recipes.

My kids weren't getting through all the fruit the last few weeks so I have started maing smoothies for them. I didn't want them missing out on any of the fruit so I just put it through the blender. We add everything to them and they are asking each day for when I am going to make them one. I got myself some mint this week so I am going to add that to them. I am sure they will love it.

Try new things, you might be surprised what you like eating.

3 comments:

  1. Another great recipe link, if you could post it is www.abelcole.co.uk/recipes. The fennel pasta I was raving about is on there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freeze spinach when I have too much of it. This week I'm making with my frozen spinach from another co-op run ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni, So easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, tried your caulie salad...Big hit, thanks for posting!! Even the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete